Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2 Reasons I Will Not Tithe....


Reason #1
Tithing is often “marketed” as a get rich scheme by some. Oh yes, we have all heard “them” preach it that way.  It has never made sense to me.  God is not a multi-level marketing corporation.

Reason #2
Guilt.  I have been places (churches/gatherings/retreats) and have heard the speaker tell me in a “subtle” way that I better tithe or else.

Now come on, I know once the subject of tithing comes up many will start to squirm, some with automatically put up a wall, and a few will get downright offended. Why? Why! Why? God does not want to steal from you. He wants to bless you!

Have you heard the term The Law of Divine Reciprocity? You give/plant/sow and then you receive/harvest. We give to God and He gives to us. Many people want to put in the sickle to harvest, but have yet to plant anything. Uh? We need to sow into the kingdom of God to receive from the kingdom of God.

Get excited about tithing because giving comes with a promise from God!
Luke 6:38 (NKJV) “Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.”
God also tells us to test Him and we shall be blessed.
Malachi 3:8-11 (NIV) “... Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this, says the Lord Almighty, and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.
Additionally, He promises to rebuke the devourer for our sakes. (Malachi 3:11) He wants to protect us from things that may try to steal that which He provides. I can always go for more protection. How about you?

God is a God that delights in providing, especially to meet needs. Giving should not be done to just get. It should be done because we love, trust and want to honor God with what we have.

I will tell you now.  I am absolutely for tithing. I have experienced it working in my life.

At the beginning of 2014, my husband and I made a commitment to tithe at every opportunity - even if it "hurt". We have, and have reaped many times over God’s abundant blessing. The years before we either did not tithe or did the ‘hit or miss’ kind of tithing. We struggled financially.  In fact, we would borrow against our next paycheck just to make ends meet. When we began this year, it was a bit of a stretch for us. We were not sure how we could do it, but we were determined. Over time we saw that we had extra left over after tithing, paying bills, and covering necessities.  It did not make mathematical sense how, but we did! We have been able to not only tithe, but to give extra - in church and to others outside of church where we felt lead by the Lord. It gets rather exciting to see God work and turn things around!  So, here are my reasons for giving. They are rather simple and straightforward, but I hope they can inspire you to find yours.

Reason #1
Love.  Yep - that simple.  Because I love the Lord. This is my top reason.  God will bless us when we give in love.  If you are giving for the 2 reasons stated above at the beginning - you might as well keep your money - it will do you no good to give for selfish reasons or to appease your conscience. 

Reason #2
Honor.  I want to honor God with what I have.

Reason #3
Trust.  I trust God for what His word says in regards to tithing.

Reason #4
Obedience.  I want to obey God in all I do - that includes tithing. God always rewards obedience!
I think it is God’s intent to bless His people so that in turn we can bless others as a way to show them the love of God. We are the hands and feet that are to establish the covenant here on earth and to give to those in need. Look, it even says so in Deuteronomy:
Deut 8:18 (AMP) “But you shall [earnestly] remember the Lord your God, for it is He Who gives you power to get wealth, that He may establish His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day.”
We can also keep in mind that prosperity is not just in our finances, but for every area of our lives. Don't limit God!!! 
Deut 28:8 (AMP) ““The Lord will command the blessing on you in your storehouses and in all to which you set your hand, and He will bless you in the land which the Lord our God is giving you.”
I am thankful for all He has done and will do.  He promises!

Faithfulness in giving results in return, abundance and protection.

Keep the promise in front of you daily by using this Tithe Template. Pray, confess, and believe in the scriptures.  Print it, hang it on your fridge with your next tithe check and expect the blessing.

~M

No comments:

Post a Comment