Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!!!


A new year means a fresh start, a clean slate, a new beginning.  Yay!  It is nice to get a second chance at something we may have missed the mark on. I know I will be setting a few goals myself.  I would like to run more races, learn Spanish with the family, read more books, and finish my study of Revelations. I would like to volunteer more and include my children in such endeavors. Plus, start this blog!  I have had a desire to do so for several years. Taking the first step - ooooo - aaahhhh.  Ok, so it may only be a big deal to me. 

Although New Year’s resolutions help us to make some changes in our lives, there is one constant each year and every day that I am thankful for.  I am thankful that no matter what - no matter what - no matter what  (do you get it?) has happened, missing the mark so to speak, I get a fresh start, a clean slate and a new beginning EVERY day.  The Bible says in Lamentations 3:22-23,  “Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassion never fails. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.”

Yep, that’s right. Through Jesus and the forgiveness of God as we repent we get a new beginning every day because of what He did for us.  So simple, right?  It may be hard to believe and accept, but it is true.  He says in 2 Corinthians 5:17,  “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.” 

Praise God for His Grace that allows that to happen. That is such good news.  I am not perfect in all my ways.  Even though I strive to be the best I can in every area of my life, I miss the mark - some days more than others - yikes.  So thankful for the renewing of God’s love, forgiveness and His Grace.
Now, my most important goal is to be more like Jesus in all I do and say.  Jesus says in John 14, “I only say those things I hear My Father say, and I only do those things I see My Father do.” This is truly what my heart desires. I know I may slip and my flesh may overtake sometimes, but I shall not stop in my pursuit.  I like how the JJ Weeks Band puts it in their song, “Let Them See You”:
Let them see You in me
Let them hear You when I speak
Let them feel You when I sing
Let them see You
Just let them see You in me
 
Who am I without Your grace?
Another smile, another face
Another breath, a grain of sand
Passing quickly through Your hand
I give my life, an offering
Take it all, take everything


I encourage you to embrace God’s Grace and have a wonderful joy filled year.


~M
What are your goals for 2014?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Lord that Your mercies are new every day and Your love unending! Excited for you to start the blogging adventure Melissa! Thanks for sharing God's promises and your heart!

    ReplyDelete