Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Fear is not a Factor


I would like to share with you a book my kids and I read, Fear is not a Factor, by Michael V. Fox. We used it the last couple weeks as the Bible portion for our school. Each day we would read a chapter. Look at scripture in connection to what we read, discuss what the chapter was about, how it applies to us, and how to implement what we had learned.

I was so excited and inspired! There were times I just wanted to jump up and shout. 

Ok....I did shout a couple times. It startled my kids, but they liked it.

First off, I am very privileged to know the author, Mike Fox. He and his wife, Debbie, have been dear friends to us. After reading this book, I am in awe of them, their faith, and their boldness. I should just start out saying - get this book and read it - it will stir you up!
2 Kings 6:16: “Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them.”
Mike tells us to be ready to walk in our God given authority, even in unexpected times. He reminds us that we have all of heaven and earth on our side.  “You see it is not about you. It is about God and everything else that comes with God - authority, power, and courage.”
I was challenged to recognize God and His anointing. Stand bold in what I know, and as Mike says, “Be sensitive to the Spirit of God...” 

Mike encourages us to get out of the boat like Peter did. “We need to get out of the place where we have been comfortable.” (Whew, that one hit me!) He reminds us to not allow fear to drive us. Fear will stop us and cause a hindrance in what we are to be doing for God.

He tells us to be who we are in the Lord. We have our own anointing that fits our character. We can meet the needs of others around us through Christ using our own special God given anointing. Give God liberty to flow through us. 
1Timothy 4:14, “Do not neglect the gift that is in you…” 
Mike calls us to put our faith in action and remain in the confidence we have in God. He tells of the many opportunities he and Debbie faced and chose to walk in faith and not fear. Oh, the adventures Mike and Debbie have had. So powerful! The story of Eduardo in the prison, Debbie feeding countless people, and Mike in the jungle. Those were some of my favorite adventures they told. Wow! I get excited just thinking about them again. Wonderful examples of staying in faith and living the Word of God.

He talks of faith, Peter, and walking on water. He challenges us to step out and be "wet-water walkers".  My daughter, who is 7, even got the message.  I overheard my daughter tell her friend, “This guy we know, he walked on water. I mean it is so powerful! Having faith is powerful! We gotta try it”.   Yes, she thought it was Mike that actually walked on water.  She missed the part about Peter, BUT she got the message of faith and it is stirring up inside her.

We have been inspired to go further into what God has for us - our faith is being stretched! There is more to gain from this book than what I have covered. I hope you go out and get this book. Read it - you will be blessed, encouraged and your faith will grow! (You may even have a few laughs.)

Fear is not a Factor - get it here at Amazon.com  
Fear is not a Factor - get it here at Barnes and Noble.com 
I did not receive any compensation for prompting this book. I just love the Fox family and wanted to share them with you.  (The book is a compilation of Mike's teachings, transcribed from many of his meetings.)

Mike and Debbie Fox.

~M 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment